Black Jack is a game of technology and strategy, not just a game of chance. Unlike other casino games, Black Jack can improve the odds of winning through different play and betting techniques.
Blackjack Basic Strategy
The basic blackjack strategy is to ask, stand, split and double bet according to different hands to maximize the chance of winning.
In blackjack, the dealer must follow the rules of the game: the dealer will continue to ask when the hand is lower than 17, and will not continue to ask when it reaches any point between 17 and 21.
Unlike the dealer, the player has enough wiggle room to decide how to play each game. Players can follow some “basic strategies” if they want to increase their chances of winning.
How to Play Hard Hand
A hard card is when neither of your two hands is an ace:
● Hands with 8 points or less are required
● Hand has 9 points, if the dealer only has 3 to 6 points, then double bet, otherwise it will be a card
● The hand has 10 points, if the dealer only has 2 to 9 points, then double bet, otherwise it will be a card
● Hand has 11, if the dealer only has 2 to 10, then double bet; if the dealer has an ace, then you can take a card
● Hand has 12 points, if the dealer has only 2 or 3, then take the card; if the dealer has 4 to 6, then stand, otherwise take the card
● The hand has 13 to 16 points, if the dealer only has 2 to 6 points, then stand, otherwise it will be a card
● If the hand has 17 to 21 points, then stand
How to Play Soft Hand
A soft hand is when you have an ace in your two hands:
● Hand has A and 2 or A and 3, if the dealer only has 5 or 6, double bet, otherwise it is a card
● Hand has A and 2 or A and 3, if the dealer has only 4 to 6, double bet, otherwise it is a card
● Hand has A and 6, if the dealer has 3 to 6, double bet, otherwise take a card
● Hand has A and 7, if the dealer has 2, 7 or 8, then stand. If the dealer has 3 to 6, double bet, otherwise card
● A hand with ace and 8 or ace and 9, you must stand
How to Play Pairs
A pair is two cards with the same face value:
● If the hand has a pair of Aces or a pair of 8s, it is necessary to split the cards
● The hand has a pair of 2 or a pair of 3, if the dealer has 2 to 7 points, split the card, otherwise it is a card
● Hand has a pair of 4s, if the dealer has a 5 or 6, then split, otherwise
● Hand has a pair of 5, if the dealer has 2 to 9, then double bet, otherwise it is a card
● The hand has a pair of 6s, if the dealer has 2 to 6, they will split, otherwise they will
● The hand has a pair of 7s, if the dealer has 2 to 7 points, split the cards, otherwise it will be a card
● Hand has a pair of 9s. If the dealer has 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 or 9, split. Stand if dealer has 7, 10 or Ace
● If you have a pair of 10 in your hand, you must stand
In blackjack, you can double down if you believe your hand has a good chance of knocking down the dealer. A double bet is when you double your bet. After choosing to double down, you can ask for one more card to decide the outcome, and then you can’t ask for any more cards. When to choose to double down? If the hand is hard and has 8, 9, 10 or 11 points,
In blackjack, if the player’s initial hand consists of two cards of the same value, that is, a pair, the player can choose to split them into two hands.
If you choose to split, you will add a new hand, that is, you will have two hands in your hand. At this time, you need to raise, so that the new hand has the same bet as the original hand.
When to split? The golden rule is this: if it’s a pair (aces and eights), you must split. Do not split with a pair of 10 or a pair of 5.
Many people use the “double on win” method, which means that after winning a hand, they double down on the next round. Players feel that such a strategy will give them an advantage. In fact, the odds of winning any hand have nothing to do with the previous round, so this method doesn’t work. Conversely, if you use the “double-on-lose method” when you lose, you may also lose all your winnings.
Do Not Recover Losses
Blackjack was supposed to be a fun gambling game. The way to keep having fun is to accept the fact that you win when you lose. Don’t keep playing poker in order to win back your lost money.
Finally, for such a set of strategies, please memorize it before you start playing blackjack in the online casino, or make a cheat sheet to help memorize or review it at any time. In addition, through several times of practice and actual combat experience, you will gradually find that these strategies are not difficult, and maybe you can develop your own set of high winning rate play styles! Enjoy!